My Family

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Party

Friday night was Greg's Christmas party for the College.  It was at the Marine Corps Air Station which isn't too far from our house. The party was held in the New River Officers' Club.   Instead of dinner they had  H'orderves which were all so very good.  It was nice for Greg to get to meet other Instructors he doesn't normally get to see because they are in other buildings.  Can you believe that next month will be his one year anniversary as an instructor.  The time sure does go by quickly, I'm so proud of him and how he cares about his students.

Saturday we spent the day in Wilmington.  We went to check out the Independence Mall which was very nice.  It reminded me of Park City in Lancaster the way it was laid out.  Funny thing happened on the way into Lane Bryant.  I don't normally shop there but since we were walking by I thought I'd check out what they had.  Almost got run over by a shoplifter, I realized the way he came out so quickly with his hand in a shopping bag he had taken something.  Then I heard a clerk say can I help you with that coat.  You guessed it, he took a leather coat.   I guess it's that time of the year.

After that we went looking for AC Moore, here in Jacksonville there is only a Michaels craft store.  There was something I wanted for Isabella for Christmas and only AC Moore had it.  Found it...another gift done.
We also stopped at Costco which is only in Wilmington.  Costco's brand is Kirkland and I really like a lot of their products. 

We then decided to go to Carrabba's  http://www.carrabbas.com  to eat.  I had a coupon for a free appetizer and we really like their Calamari.  I also like their brick-oven pizza.  We do not have a Carrabba's in Jacksonville.  I'm starting to think we should have moved closer to Wilmington.  After eating we went to the Mayfaire Town Center to shop http://www.mayfairetown.com  This is a really neat place to shop and walk around.  You can also buy an apartment above the stores and sit out on your balcony and watch the shoppers.  If you ever visit Wilmington, NC I would definitely say to stop here during your visit.

Sunday we did a little more Christmas shopping after Church.  We also went looking for a Christmas tree.  I sold my tree at home before I moved, it was very large and didn't know if I would need one that big.  It was over 15 years old so it was getting pretty worn.  Found one at Wal-mart but not sure if I really like it.  May return it tomorrow for a different one.  They did not have all their trees on display so it's really hard to decide by looking at a picture on a box.  My Christmas shopping is almost done, now time to make my grocery list for baking.  Till next time.......

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment