My Family

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Weekend Road Trip

Friday morning I got up early and drove to Virginia to stay the weekend with my friends Michael and Bobbie.  After I arrived we had some lunch then went to run some errands.  Michael wanted to get the van washed so we headed to the car wash. We went to a few more places and them met some friends at Red Robin around 7:30pm for supper.  When we left the restaurant Michael took us for a drive to see some Christmas lights.  When we got back to the house we packed some things in the van for the Christmas show Michael had the next day.

Saturday we got up and finish getting things together that we needed for the day.  We then drove to York, Pa to the fairgrounds.  This is where Michael was singing for the evening. It was a dinner and Christmas show in which the Lions club catered the dinner which was very good.  The first show Michael did was Christmas and Gospel music.  The second show was Michael singing Elvis music, God sure did give Michael a beautiful voice.  I was going to put up a video but it was taking forever for the blogger to download it.  Maybe next time.

After the show was over and Michael was done signing autographs we went to get something to eat. About twelve of us went to eat and had a a nice time visiting with each other.  We did not get home till 3:30am and didn't go to bed till about 4:15am.  I got up about 11:00 on Sunday morning. After getting my things together I headed out.  I went to get gas then I had to pull over to get my GPS working ( it's been acting up some) then grabbed a sandwich and headed home.  It was a little slow going home since it rained 90% of the way.  It normally takes me about 4 1/2 hours to get home but it took about five hours because of the rain.

After I got home Alexander called me on Skype and we talked for awhile.  It is so much fun being able to see him when we talk instead of just using the phone.  He sang me his Christmas songs he is going to sing at his school program.  He is excited that he gets to hold the microphone as they all sing.  If you have family far away this is a great way to keep in touch.

Since it stopped raining Greg and I decided to drive down the road to the Bethlehem Baptist Church.  The were having "A Night In Bethlehem".  They had the whole town of Bethlehem set up in their parking lot.  When we arrived we had to register for the census and were given coins to pay the tax collector.  We visited all the shops set up which were; the Jewelry, Herb & Spice, Carpentry, Pottery, Basket, Bakery, Music, Paint, Blacksmith, Fabric, Rug, and the Candy Shop.  At each of the shops you received a little gift. We went to the Inn and then to the stable to see the baby Jesus and hear the Christmas music. Before we left we paid our taxes to the tax collector and gave our extra coins to the three poor girls asking for money in the streets.  It was a really neat experience and we had a lot of fun.


Till next time........
Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment