My Family

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Mullet Festival

After the Mum festival we headed over to the Mullet festival http://www.swansborofestivals.com/Events.html in Swansboro.  This was a small festival but nice.  We walked around for some time and then decided to try the Mullet.  Since we arrived late and didn't decided to buy a dinner till late they had sold out for the day.  So we didn't get to taste the Mullet, but from what I understand it's a stronger and oily tasting fish.  So not sure if I would like it, guess I'll try it next year.  We found a stand that was selling Apple Jacks.  The lady selling them told me that they cook the apples with sugar, cinnamon till soft.  They mash it and bake it in the pastry.  They were so good.

Apple Jacks

We were hungry and decide to try a a restaurant call Ducks.  We have been to Swansboro many times but never ate there.  We decided to just order two appetizers so we ordered calamari and grouper bites.  It was just ok, no seasoning at all in their breading.  I think their chef needs to go to Carrabba's http://www.carrabbas.com/ and try their calamari, they have the best.  We checked out all the arts and craft stands then decided to get another apple jack and watch the band that was playing.  It started to get dark so we decided to leave.  Between the two festivals I felt like I'd been walking for days.  Didn't take to long to fall asleep that night.  Till next time......

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment