My Family

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chocolate Festival

Saturday we headed to Morehead to the Chocolate Festival.  It was very crowded maybe because it was a rainy day.  There were a lot of vendors showing off their cakes and pies.  Many had samples (very small samples) and if you liked them you could buy a slice to take home.  We walked around the room checking out all the stands.   I did fine the stand with the chocolate covered strawberries, they are my favorite.  Greg had a piece of chocolate covered cheesecake.  On the way out there was a table set up to raise money for the troops. It was called Thumbs up for the Troops.  There was a table set up where you put your thumb print in chocolate on a piece of paper and then write a message.  It was really neat.



After the festival we took the bridge over to Emerald Isle.  We went to the movies to see "No Strings Attached".  After the movies we went to Rucker John's restaurant for supper.  We had their crab dip which is so good.  I then had a BLT with shrimp which I really like.  I guess when good tomatoes come into season I'll have to make it at home.  We had a really nice day even though it rained all day.

Till next time.....
Love,
Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment