My Family

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SHAD FESTIVAL

Saturday morning we headed to the Shad Festival in Grifton, NC griftonshadfestival.com.  It was their 41st year and suppose to be one of the longest running festivals in NC.  Who ever does their website does a really good job, it's a very nice site.  Now when people have a certain festival like the shad I go there expecting to get to try shad.  It case your not sure what it is, it's a fish. Now I did read up on Shad and they are an especially bony fish with over 3,000 bones but are to be a very tasty fish. 

Someone forgot to tell the fishermen what kind of fish to catch because the fish fry was catfish. So I had the catfish dinner and Greg had the fish stew.
Catfish Dinner
Fish Stew

When we arrived the parade was about to start so we decided to watch.  The Shriners www.shrinershq.org really had a lot of different groups in the parade which were really cute.

It was a little disappointing as to how many craft vendors were there.  They also were to have a flea market but very few people were there. Maybe the threat of rain kept vendors away.  Would I go back next year? Not sure, maybe if I had nothing else to do. 

As we walked back to the car we found "Greg's Pizza".

Well at least I got to see a part of NC I have not seen before.  We'll see where next week's adventure takes us.

Till next time....
Love,
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. There is a festival that I'd like to go to this year in Cumberland. Maybe you could come up and go with us!! They have shuttle and trolley transportation to the festival and it is free! Here is the site for it. Alex would love for you to come up!
    http://www.heritagedaysfestival.com/

    ReplyDelete