My Family

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Craft Idea

Greg and I stopped at my favorite shopping center on Emerald Isle. They have some really nice gift stores that I just love to go in and look around. There also is a scrap booking store there so I went in to check it out.  I usually don't buy to much there because so many of the things I can get at Michael's with my coupons. While I was walking around  I had seen this cute Christmas craft idea and took a picture of it.
It is a mini muffin pan that has 24 muffin cups. They cutout squares and put magnets on the back, then decorated the fronts.  Each one is numbered and has a treat in the tin.  It's a countdown till Christmas calendar.  

We also stopped to eat at Rucker John's https://www.ruckerjohns.com/contactus.html for lunch. This restaurant is at the same shopping center and is really good. We had a bowl of shrimp chowder which was really good. 

I do love the seafood here in NC.  We got 20 pounds of shrimp right off the shrimp boat for $2.50 a pound.  Of course when you buy the shrimp like that they still have the heads on.  Till Greg took off the heads (yes he did the whole 20 pounds himself) and froze them we ended up with about 13 pounds which came out to about $3.50 a pound.  Still a great price, but I think he'll make me help him next time.

We actually made some of the shrimp tonight.  We cooked some green pepper with some spices, added shrimp and some cut up tomatoes.  Then we mixed in a jar of Ragu garlic and Parmesan cheese Alfredo sauce and whole wheat penne pasta.  It was very yummy. 

Till next time...
Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment